In Every Cell.
N-fixing bacteria that works from within the plant, applied in-furrow OR foliar, and across crops to supplement nitrogen where and when it’s needed.
Do you know how much nitrogen (N) it takes to create a bushel of soybean yield?
According to University of Nebraska-Lincoln, it takes approximately 4.8 lbs of nitrogen per bushel of yield. Thus, soybeans require about 4x the amount of nitrogen corn needs (2017). To see how much nitrogen your crop needs, check-out this graph depicting lbs. of N required to achieve desired bushels per acre.
While it is no secret soybeans have the ability to fix their own nitrogen through nodulation and mineralization; environmental stresses and high performing ground can create the need for additional sources of nitrogen in order to achieve desired yield. Envita is there to provide supplemental nitrogen by capturing a portion of N from the air and delivering it through the leaf tissue and to the plant.
(Cafaro La Menza N, Monzon JP, Specht JE, Grassini P. (2017) Is soybean yield limited by nitrogen supply? Field Crops Res. 213, 204-212.)
How Envita Works
Depending on application method, Envita enters the plant through the root zone (in-furrow application) or leaf stomata (foliar application) and the bacteria then work their way into the plant cell and colonize within the actual cell. There, Envita bacteria create small vesicles or “air pockets” within the plant cell that have the ability of capturing nitrogen from the atmosphere. Once inside the plant, Envita will repopulate within the cell all season long.
Backed by Proven Results
In-furrow: 3.2 fl. oz. per acre
Foliar: 3.2 fl. oz. per acre
In-furrow Starter Fertilizer
Tank Mix Directions:
Compatible with most starter fertilizers. Always perform jar test to confirm mixture compatibility. For best results follow product mixing protocol listed below:
Load starter fertilizer into application tank
Load 1 – 2.5 gallons of water per acre into application tank. Low salt fertilizers require less water, while higher salt fertilizers such as 10-34-0 require higher levels of water to buffer the salt’s impact on the bacteria.
Load 3.2 ounces (1 gallon treats 40 acres) of Envita into the fertilizer/water mixture in the application tank.
DO NOT ADD ENVITA DIRECTLY INTO FERTILIZER BEFORE ADDING WATER.
* The amount of time Envita is mixed with fertilizer in a tank is critical to the success of the product. For best results apply mixture of fertilizer, water, and Envita within 4-6 hours.
Foliar Application Directions:
- Envita is compatible with most herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides. Perform a jar test to confirm compatibility.
- If possible avoid mixing with Group 4 herbicides, however Performance Guarantee will still apply if used with Group 4 herbicides.
- Apply Envita between the V2-V6 stage in corn & V2-V4 stage in soybeans.
- Apply Envita with 15-20 gallons per acre of water for best results.
- For more product handling and application recommendations, please see the Best Practices Guide